You'll be surrounded by mountains, valleys, greenery and find yourself captivated by its beauty. The best time to visit Kashmir is during the spring season on March until the first week of May. Gardens and parks will be covered with fresh green grass and beautiful flowers. If you love snow then the best time to plan your visit is from December until February.
If you don't know where to go, do not fret! Here are some suggestions for you:
- Houseboat! It won't be a complete experience if you don't stay there.
- You can also experience Shikara boat rides. It's a relaxing ride while enjoying the surrounding views around Dal Lake.
- If you come for the history, then visiting Mughal Garden is a must! The style of architecture was heavily influenced by the Persians.
- If you'd like to add another place to visit then I would suggest Tulip Garden.
- Also known as the Valley of the Shepherds
- Saffron Fields. Don't forget to take lots of pictures while you are here!
- Avantipura Ruins. Amazing place to go for history and architecture lovers alike.
- Surround yourself with nature and greenery in Pine Forest. There's also a quaint village
nestled atthe banks of Lidder River. Lidder River is also a famous spot for trout fishing
- Snow, snow, and more snow! The best place for skiing. There's even a gondola service to the peak. Relax and enjoy the view.
Phase 1: Gulmarg to Kungdoor
Phase 2: Kungdoor to Aparwath
Normally travelers would choose Phase 1 only. Phase 2 is optional because you would need to go through Phase 1 first, before reaching Phase 2.
Happy skiing guys!
- Visit Thajiwas Glacier while you are here and immerse yourself in the picturesque view
Paradise on Earth is definitely a worthy title for Kashmir.
There has been an increase in demand among AMI Travellers to go to Kashmir and we, at #AMITravel are delighted to inform you that we provide holiday packages for those who are interested. Click here for more information or