Who hasn’t heard about Universal Studios Singapore, a famous theme park located in Singapore? Mostly everyone had heard about this place before. Well, it is not weird considering how fun the theme park is with a lot of attractions such as Sci-Fi City, the Battlestar Galactica, 4D simulator, fairytale wonderland and so many more!
You will surely be guaranteed to have an enjoyable day throughout the time you spend inside this park. Let’s get it!
Before your trip
Make sure that you already have your ticket before you go inside the theme park. If you haven’t bought it yet, you can always buy the ticket through our agent, AMI Travel agency. We provide the service in buying USS ticket.
(You can click here for more details)
USS operating time
|Standard opening hours for USS
10:00am-7:00pm (non-peak seasons)
10:00am-9:00pm (peak seasons)
***The operating hours might be changed without prior notice, so please check its official website for latest information.
|Singapore Cable Car||
Duration: 15 minutes
Location: Harbourfront Tower II (Exit B, Harbourfront Station)
|Sentosa Express (train)||
Duration: 4-5 minutes
Location: Level 3, VivoCity (Exit E, Harbourfront Station)
Duration: 15 minutes
Location: Boardwalk, Level 1, VivoCity
***If you are from Malaysia, you can use our service in getting to the park. With only MYR35, we will pick you up from Danga Bay, Johor and drive you straight to the front door of USS (visit here for more information)
USS To-Do list
Zone: New York
The New York zone will take you to have a look on what the real New York City looks like. Designed specially with replicas of the iconic sidewalks and landmarks of the city, you will surely feel that you are in New York City already.
1) Sesame Street Spaghetti Space Chase! (Kids only) - Elmo and Super Grover 2.0 welcome you to join them in the chase of Macaroni the Merciless, a selfish antagonist to stop their mission to steal all the spaghetti from Earth. This high-flying adventure is created for a whole family to enjoy.
2) Lights, Camera, Action! - Using amazing special effects to show what happens when 5 major hurricane is about to hit New York City. Brace yourself to go through this hurricane!
3) Sesame Street shows - You can watch Elmo and his friends from Sesame Street singing and dancing in the stage. You can even meet the characters and take a picture of them.
Hollywood zone is the first zone that you will see immediately after inside the theme park. You will find the famous Walk of Fame in Hollywood there.
1) Mel’s Dinettes and The Cruisers - performance just for you to watch outside Mel's
2) Meet and greet - Marilyn Monroe, The Minions, Woody Woodpecker and more.
Zone: Ancient Egypt
Ancient Egypt is designed to suit Egypt in the 1930s with Pharaohs’ tomb and guardian statues in it. This is a perfect spot for someone who doesn’t get scared easily because of its scary-looking design.
1) Revenge of the Mummy- Try to escape from the Imhotep’s curse by riding this until the end and overcome all the scary things you will encounter inside.
2) Treasure Hunters- Let’s go to an expedition adventure where you can ride your own vintage motor car to visit all places from the forbidding sands of ancient Egypt to an abandoned excavation site.
Madagascar is inspired by the animation movie made by DreamWorks and you can find tropical jungles similar to the movie.
1) King Julien's Beach Party-Go-Round- Come and play with King Julien where he will make you become dizzy through his round and round spins. Suitable for the whole family to play with.
2) Madagascar: A Crate Adventure- Alex, Marty, Melman and Gloria are inviting you to join them in their unforgettable river ride adventure.
Zone: The Lost World
The Lost World has two themed areas that you can visit: Jurassic Park and Waterworld. You can find a lot of interesting attractions here.
1) Amber Rock Climb - Climb the walls The Lost World and discover its precious stones and fossilized insects.
2) Canopy Flyer – Enjoy bird’s eye view of the Jurassic Park when you board this vehicle.
3) Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure – This river raft ride will make you feel thrilled as the raft move on the water to bring you to the finish line.
4) Waterworld: A Live Sea War Spectacular – This live water show is inspired by the film, “Waterworld” and you can observe a tidal wave of death-defying stunts in the show.
Zone: Far Far Away
Far Far Away is the home to Shrek and Fiona. You can immediately recognize Fiona’s castle from far away. The design of the castle and its surrounding are very similar to the movie, so you can have a feeling that you are inside the movie itself.
1) Puss In Boots’ Giant Journey - Join Puss and Kitty on this anti-gravity roller-coaster adventure to search the precious golden eggs.
2) Magic Potion Spin – Enjoy sitting in this small Ferris wheel as it moves to complete the magic potion.
3) Enchanted Airways – This family roller coaster will bring you and your family to explore the whole land of Far Far Away.
4) Shrek 4-D Adventure - Join Princess Fiona, Shrek and Donkey on their adventure during their honeymoon vacation. Feels the special effects made for this show by wearing the OgreVision glasses.
Zone: Sci-Fi City
You can find the most popular rides in the park in this Sci-Fi City. With a future concept design, it attracts a lot of people to this zone.
1) Battlestar Galactica: HUMAN vs. CYLON – Feels the thrill as you went up and down with this famous roller coaster.
2) Accelerator – Spin the ride until you are dizzy to make the most of the ride.
3) TRANSFORMERS The Ride: The Ultimate 3D Battle – This hyper-realistic 3D thrill ride will bring you to the incredible world of TRANSFORMERS.
Lake Hollywood Spectacular
When you visit the park on Saturday or special holidays, make sure to stay until 8PM to watch a beautiful fireworks display at Lake Hollywood.
Hollywood Dream Parade
A place for a special performance in Hollywood where you sing and dance with your favourite characters from the USS.
Elmo’s TV Time
Elmo created this comedy shows with his friends solely to entertain you, so don’t forget to watch it when you go to USS.
There are many food outlets at USS. Ranging from classic hamburgers at Mel’s Drive-In in Hollywood to exotic foods at Oasis Spice Cafe, Ancient Egypt. You can also found some shops that sell light snacks for you to eat to fill your stomach for a while.
USS also provides with some Halal-certified eateries! They are:
ATMs: Located near the entrance of the park and in Jurassic Park zone.
Toilets: Located in every zone of the park together with water coolers for those who are thirsty.
Lockers: There are paid and free lockers located in The Lost World, Ancient Egypt, Sci-Fi City and Hollywood. Visit their website to find out more about the lockers and its rental price.
Nursing Rooms: Located near the park’s entrance.
For every Muslim who is in USS, you can find prayer rooms are already prepared for you inside the theme park. It is located near the Battlestar Galactica, in Sci-Fi City with a room for women and vice versa.
After having fun playing, remember to stop by at the shops selling themed merchandise. You can also find it in every zone. Some of the shops are Universal Studios Store, Big Bird’s Emporium, Galactica PX, Carter’s Curiosities, Jurassic Outfitters, Fairy Godmother’s Potion Shop, Penguin’s Mercantile and so many more that you can find inside USS.
With this many retail to be visited, make sure to bring enough money with you. You don’t want to miss out buying the items that you really want, right?!
MEET & GREET
Don’t forget to meet all the characters inside the park and take a picture together with them. You can find many characters from Shrek movies, Sesame Street, Minion, Marilyn Monroe, Autobots and many more that you can find roaming around inside their zone.
Well, this should mark the end of your trip! Be sure to visit all the places to make the trip worth it.
Here's a map of USS for you to get around:
Thank you for reading this article and have a nice trip=)